The Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory is a family-owned business that offers funeral, crematory, cemetery, and pre-arrangement services in Saint Joseph, MO and the nearby areas. Over the years, our funeral professionals are comprised of familiar faces willing to help you when you need it the most. Additionally, we strive for a positive impact on the community by volunteering or donating financial resources so that our clients may have peace of mind when they need professional funeral assistance in their time of grief and loss. We also believe that it is important to provide continuing leadership in people, facilities, and services relating to funerals and cremation. Without question, the most important thing to us is our mission to “Help Families Begin Healing”. Our funeral home prides itself on providing high-quality funeral service to bereaved families to honor the life of their loved ones. Give us a call today at 816-232-3366 with any questions you may have or to set up an appointment to visit with us.
Timing is everything, especially when planning a significant event such as a funeral or memorial. There are a lot of decisions you will need to make to plan the ideal event, which is why you shouldn’t wait until the last minute before you get started. But the timeline can be tricky for funeral and cremation planning in Saint Joseph, MO, especially when you need to coordinate an unexpected event.
As you are getting started, the best thing you can do is schedule a funeral planning consultation. Our team at Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory is here to assist, offering ongoing services that will suit the needs of your family. We know that each situation is unique, which is why we cater our funeral planning to match your desires and requests.
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind when you need to hire funeral planning services:
Immediate Care for Funeral Services and Cremation in Saint Joseph, MO
Unfortunately, there are times when funeral planning is unexpected. For example, you might have a loved one pass away quickly, which means there wasn’t any time to get a head start with funeral planning. This situation can be challenging because you feel the heaviness of emotions in your loss while also trying to navigate the many decisions relating to how the person will be laid to rest.
At Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory, we have proven systems in place to assist with your last-minute funeral planning. Even though you have a short timeline to finalize these services, we can help with everything that you need. This immediate care is designed to help you move through the process as quickly as possible, ensuring that everything is ready to go when the funeral happens.
Most of the time, last-minute funeral planning happens in just a few days – no more than a week. Our funeral planning system has the infrastructure in place to make it possible to coordinate a quality event in this short timeline. We break down the decisions into categories, so you don’t have to face everything at once.
Preplanning Solutions to Reduce Your Stress
Another possibility is that you can start working on funeral planning early. Our team at Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory offers preplanning support for funeral and cremation in Saint Joseph, MO. With preplanning, you have the opportunity to learn more about available packages, individual services, and other possibilities.
You can take your time to research the industry and decide on the services that you prefer. There is no reason to rush into this decision! Instead, get started early so you can finalize the funeral plan on your own timeline, with the details ready to go when it’s time to plan the event in the future.
Individuals often prefer preplanning because it allows them to make their wishes known. Your family will have peace in knowing that you shared your requests before passing away. Plus, this process eliminates the planning stress left on your loved ones since you have already finalized the event planning in advance.
The Right Timing for Preplanning
When should you get started with funeral preplanning? It’s up to you! Often, individuals work on funeral preplanning when they are in good health. You don’t need to have a funeral coming up in the next few weeks or months to talk to a funeral director. Preplanning allows you to finalize these details, giving you peace of mind in the unfortunate case that something happens unexpectedly.
Another possibility is to start preplanning when you know a loved one is reaching the final chapter in life. Maybe the person is getting older, or they’ve been diagnosed with a chronic condition. It’s smart to get started on the funeral planning process right now because the individual can participate in the decisions. Through this experience, the individual and their family can work together to create the ideal plan based on traditions and preferences.
The truth is that you can reach out to us at Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory whenever it feels right to get started with funeral preplanning. We are always just a phone call away and ready to assist when you need information about these services. So, contact us at your convenience and learn more about the ways that we can help.
Consultation and Conversation to Prepare for a Funeral
When you contact our team about funeral and cremation in Saint Joseph, MO, we will schedule a time to meet for your complimentary consultation. Of course, we are happy to answer your questions over the phone. But many families prefer a face-to-face meeting to discuss available funeral packages. Call Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory to book your consultation. Visit our funeral home at 5005 Frederick Ave, Ste A, Saint Joseph, MO 64506. Call at your convenience: (816) 232-3366.
Funeral Home and Cremations FAQs
- How Much is the Usual Cost of Funerals in Saint Joseph, MO?
- The average cost of a funeral in Saint Joseph, MO is around $7,000. This includes the basic services fee, which covers the funeral director's services, transportation and other necessary preparations. It does not however cover the cost of a casket or vault, which can range from $500 to $5,000. Additionally, there may be additional funeral costs for things like obituaries, flowers and helpful death certificates.
- What are Some Common Mistakes to Avoid When Planning Funerals Arrangements?
- When planning funerals arrangements, it is important to avoid common mistakes in order to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible. One mistake that is often made is not pre-planning the funeral. This can cause financial burden on the family and friends of the deceased, as well as add unnecessary stress during an already emotional time. Another common mistake is not considering all of the expenses associated with a funeral.
- Is it Disrespectful If I'm Unable to Attend Funerals in Saint Joseph, MO?
- It is not disrespectful if you are unable to attend a funeral in Saint Joseph, MO. Life can be unpredictable, and circumstances may arise that prevent you from being able to attend. The important thing is that you are respectful in your thoughts and words about the deceased and their family. If possible, reach out to the family privately to express your condolences. Some funeral homes also have an option for attending an online funeral by watching the live stream of the service.